Express Scribe is free professional audio player software for PC, Mac or Linux designed to assist the transcription of audio recordings.
A typist can install it on their computer and control audio playback using a transcription foot pedal or keyboard (with ‘hot’ keys). This computer transcriber application also offers valuable features for typists including variable speed playback, multi-channel control, file management and more.
Express Scribe is completely free and can be used without any restrictions.
- Variable speed playback (constant pitch).
- Supports many professional foot pedals which connect to the game, serial or USB port to control playback. More info…
- Uses ‘hot’ keys to control playback when using other software (eg. Word).
- Ability to dock both analog and digital portable recorders to load recordings.
- Works with Microsoft Word and all major word-processor applications.
- Integrates directly with Express Delegate Dictation Workflow.
- Automatically receives and loads files by internet (FTP), email or over a local computer network.
- Automatically sends typing to the person who dictated the work.
- Works with speech recognition software such as Dragon Naturally Speaking to automatically convert speech to text.
- Loads CD audio directly – start to work as it loads in the background.
- Can switch to ‘mini’ mode to reduce screen space.
- Integrate with dictation management systems using the Express Scribe SDK.
- Works with FastFox typing utility to turn difficult medical/legal phrases and common terms into mere shortcuts from your keyboard.
- Express Scribe is free.